We will not use our website or social media pages to collect any personal information about
you unless you consent to provide it to us (for example, by registering with the Tostitos website,
or using our Facebook application(s)) and to the extent, with respect to content and time, required
for that specific purpose. Personal information includes your name, phone number, email address or any
other information specified in the request that might reasonably be used to identify you individually.
If you do provide us with personal information, we may use it to contact you about our products and
services where you have explicitly consented for us to do so. We will not sell your name, address or
phone number to any other third party. Your personal information will be collected and stored by Tostitos,
its affiliates or its service providers, with your consent, for the following purposes:
•To directly provide the information or services you have requested.
•To enable third parties to process and manage your information to enable us to provide the information or services you have requested.
•For security, administrative and legal purposes.
•To update and enhance the services provided.
•To evaluate the performance of our marketing activities.
•For advertising and marketing purposes.
In such cases where Tostitos asks you for personal information, it will be kept secure and confidential. According to the contact details provided by you, we will provide the services you have requested by post or e–mail, if you have explicitly consented for us to do so.
1. By ‘liking’ our page and / or registering to our website and / or using an application or otherwise interacting with our website or social media pages you consent to the collection and use of the information you voluntarily submit, for the purposes described above.
2. Any personal information will only be used in accordance with current data protection legislation.
3. All our email correspondence contains an unsubscribe option by which you can opt out of further email contact if you so wish.
4. If you explicitly agree to us contacting you in future by email, any personal information you have provided will be stored and continuously used by Tostitos or its service providers for advertising and marketing purposes, for example, for sending you newsletters, details about competitions or promotions and other information which may interest you. We may use your data to create and maintain a user profile to provide you with individualized advertising and promotions. We may also use the data provided by you for analysing and enhancing our advertising, marketing, market research, and sales activities.
5. You have the right to ask Tostitos for a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The Data Protection Act stipulates that you must request this in writing, and that this may be subject to a fee of up to £10. The address to write to is: The Data Protection Officer, Tostitos, 450 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UW.
with our website or social media pages and to track the way in which consumers interact with these
sites. We may assign your computer browser a unique random number called a "cookie". We may also use
flash cookies, which are managed as browser add-ons.
Your privacy and security are not compromised when you accept a cookie from our website. A cookie simply contains a large random number which in itself does not contain any personal information and any information you submit in the registration section of the website will not be contained within the cookie data. Cookies from our server cannot read data from your computer's hard disc or read cookie files from other websites or write any information to your hard disc. They simply make the website easier for you to use.
When someone visits our website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
The list below explains the cookies we might use and why.
Cookie type: Google Analytics
Cookies name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
More Information: Click here for an overview of privacy at Google
Cookie type: Website cookie acceptance
Cookies name: WebsiteCookiesAccepted
Cookie type: Unique Identifier
Cookies name: crm_guid
Purpose: Cookie used to store user details associated with CRM systems. GUID stands for Global Unique Identifier.
Cookie type: Accessibility
Cookies name: Style, textsize
Purpose: These cookies are used to remember if the user is viewing the site in accessible mode
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies
on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable
cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
Facebook Cookies Source: http://dataprotection.ie/documents/facebook%20report/final%20report/Appendices.pdf
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 1 year.
WHO ELSE MIGHT SEE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Tostitos may update this policy at any time. If we do this, it will be highlighted.